Streamlining work and keeping clients happy with client portals
October 26th, 2012 by Briana Cummings
Project management software — like Basecamp or Total Attorneys or Clio — that helps improve internal collaboration within an organization can also be used to communicate externally with clients. There are many benefits to using this software as a client portal — i.e., as a secure place clients can log into with a personal password to see everything about their matter. (Clio’s client portal is called Clio Client Connect.) For example:
- Impatient clients can get the answers they need right away — e.g., upcoming dates on the case, documents that have been filed and actions that have been taken in the case — by messaging the lawyers through the portal or looking at what is already posted to it.
- This will also save lawyers from having to answer client questions over and over.
- Lawyers don’t have to constantly update the client on the progress of the matter, as long as they post all relevant information to the client portal.
- Clients can review documents over the portal.
- Lawyers and clients can collaborate on writing documents, without e-mailing different versions back and forth.